Monday, January 9, 2017

Den Haag - Week 27

Den Haag - Week 27


I hit my six month mark this week!! I can't believe I am a third of the way through my mission. On my six month mark day, we had an AWESOME Restoration lesson with Nel that went extremely well. We also had a service project afterwards although it got really complicated because the trams decided to strike from 9 am to 2 pm so a lot of people got stuck at the train station. We did a food drive by going door to door and lots of people donated. On Saturday we had the Turkey Bowl, which was where the whole zone got together and played football together, which was crazy fun. 

Unfortunately we had to drop Azadeh for now. She keeps on canceling appointments, so we're pretty disappointed about that. 

Sunday was awesome, our investigator Nel actually came to church... and he loved it. He's a bouncer for clubs so the night before he had been working up until 6 am and then still came to church at 10:00 am because he said "we've got to make sacrifices for the Lord". He inspires me. He says tons of quotable phrases that we call "Nel-isms", such as ''If you want a quality answer you gotta ask a quality question" (about prayer). Nel was very enthusiastic about coming back to church, he said he loved the positive atmosphere and how welcoming everyone was. I am so excited for him!


I love all of you guys! Hope you all are having great weeks!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment