Monday, August 21, 2017

Anterwerpen - Week 3

Hey everybody!! It's been a long week, but it also doesn't feel all too eventful. Here are some highlights: 

Monday: We ran around the centrum. Look at a cool picture!! (the first one) 

Tuesday: We headed out to district meeting, but the buses weren't running so we had to walk 40 minutes in the pouring rain to church. Classic. 

Wednesday: We had a funny dinner appointment in which this funny old dutch man was very adamant about strange theories. I'll include it in the quote section below, haha :D 
Also, my bike has been super broken which has been very inconvenient. I just need it to last three more months!!! And I was ready to bring it to the shop buuuut money and also the elders told me that it was probably something pretty simple. You just need to move the wheel thing back... I don't actually understand anything so I don't know how to describe it, but one of the elders told me how to do it so Sister Smith and I went out and bought a wrench and then we did it... ourselves. No Elders helped us. No member helped us. No bike man helped us. We did it! And now it's fixed!!!! We feel very accomplished haha. 

Quincy is getting baptized next Sunday!! We are so excited for her!!! It's been very hectic getting the program all ready but it's going well and she is so ready and prepared. We love her!! :) The ward has been so awesome fellow-shipping her this past sunday. 

Today we went to Gent for P-Day. It's one of the most beautiful cities in our mission, and I've always wanted to go there! We did a boat tour and then Sister Smith and I went to their old medieval castle. I'll include lots of pictures. 

But that's it for our week. We are SO excited for Quincy to be baptized!! :) 

I love you all!!! 


Quotes of the Week: 

Funny Old Dutch man (in dutch): "To make a bonsai tree is to break the law of chastity because your cutting their roots and stunting their growth and changing the way they were meant to created!!" 
Me: "Hmm... kay" 
His Wife: "We avoid bonsai trees if we ever come across them." 

Funny Old Dutch man (in Dutch): "When you cut a rose it cries. You are cutting off it's legs! Would you want your legs to be cut off??" 
Me: "Uhh... no" 

Cute American girl on the train trying to give her friend a belgian waffle: "I know you're on a diet but I want to give you just a little bit of sugar!! If you eat it you can even sit by me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment