Sunday, August 20, 2017

Amsterdam - Week 57 Part 1


Hey everybody!!! It's been an extremely hectic, tiring, exhausting week, but it's been good. It was hard saying goodbye to Amsterdam. It's an incredible city and I am very in love with it. I've had some incredible times here, and also the best P-days ever, haha. I have no right to complain about anywhere else that I go. I have been so lucky with my cities, and I'm off to another cool one! 

​For my last P-Day in A'Dam, we decided to go all out. So... we went to four different things. 
2 Museums
1 Memorial
and 
A Palace

We didn't think we would be able to make it through all of them, but we actually did with a couple of hours to spare. 

We first went to the Hollandse Schouwberg, which is this old theater that's been turned into a memorial. It's in the Jewish District, and it's where they held all of the Jewish people before deporting them. :( It was extremely sad, but important to go and remember. It was a beautiful memorial. 

Then we went to the Rembrant House, which was where Rembrant lived. Super cool. :D


Then we biked off to Ons Lieve Heer op Solder, or: Our Lord in the Attic. It's this old church built into the attic of an old Dutch House a couple hundred years ago, during a time when Catholicism was forbidden. It was incredible. (I will send more pictures in separate emails). 


And we took a break and ate by the canals. 

And then we concluded our biking journey through Amsterdam with the palace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment