Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Amsterdam - Week 41

This has been an insane and crazy week and it was really hard to say goodbye to my beloved Den Haag and all of the members and also the amazing missionaries that I had been serving with. Den Haag is an incredible place and I am really grateful for the time that I had there. I still miss it so much!!! On Tuesday I said goodbye to our district and also to the wonderful and beautiful Deborah, which I had a really hard time doing. Deborah is without a doubt the most amazing person I have ever met on my mission. Before I left her house for the last time, she gave me one of her pieces of art that she has in her house that she personally drew, with my name on the bottom, and it was put in a nice frame and I adore it. It will come with me everywhere. 

On Wednesday I took a train off to Amsterdam with all of my luggage!! I was all alone in this section of the train and this crazy guy came up to me and started pestering me about being a Mormon and asking for my number and then also randomly quizzing me about the presidents of the world... It was kind of scary but luckily it lasted only twenty minutes of the train ride before he got off, so that was a funny story!!! I also have already met this crazy guy before at the beginning of my mission... he did the same thing to me before with my comp one time in Rotterdam station, and he carries around our missionary cards with him. It was very interesting.

Now I am in Amsterdam with the incredible Zuster Thomas. I adore her with my whole soul!!!!!!!! I am SO grateful for her and we're going to have a blast this transfer and do a lot of good for the people here. And I know that I am going to learn a lot from her because I already have these past five days and I love her so much. 

Amsterdam is a little different from Den Haag. It's a lot bigger and I thought that the traffic in Den Haag was bad... Obviously it's nothing compared to Amsterdam. It's insane. There is so much happening, especially when you're also trying to navigate with a map at the exact same time as a thousand people are biking around you a mopeds and craziness. It's very exciting. 

Amsterdam also has 8 missionaries in this ward too, which is pretty fun! Three times a week we go and play soccer and hand ball in the morning for our exercise time! I just realized how out of shape I am.... 

I am really excited for my upcoming transfer here! It's going to be amazing!!! A lot will be happening!!! It's going to be great.

I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!! 


(also here is my new address) 

Vogelkersoord 15
1112 ED Diemen








No comments:

Post a Comment