Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Breda - Week 21

Breda - Week 21


So this week has been pretty uneventful missionary wise, there was lots of door knocking every day. On Tuesday I went on exchanges to Tilburg with Walqhist, who is in the transfer before me so I was technically oldest! It was fun, we managed to make an appointment and we had a dinner appointment with Hans Boom, who is in the Area of the Seventy. 

On Friday we had a crazy dinner appointment. One of the ladies in our ward is really old and can't take us out to dinner so she has her daughter take the missionaries out every transfer to this really nice buffet where you eat for two hours straight. We had to work through our lunch hour in order to go but it was worth it. We had tons of sushi and little pancakes and all of these exciting foods. Also, Marine is AMAZING, she is so funny and she is obsessed with America, her phone is decorated with the American flag and her ringtone is literally the National Anthem. 

General Conference was really amazing and felt very personal to me. I got a lot out of it and I don't think I've ever loved Conference more than now on my mission. It feels very different. When they say "everyone from all over the world is watching", I realize that I am one of those people far away from America! Ah America! I miss you! But it's okay, I love the Netherlands too. 

On Sunday we knocked for four hours in the pouring down rain and we were FREEZING. Although this week we  did get to climb up the Grote Kerk during a lunch hour, which was super amazing and beautiful. 

Oh yeah, we got transfer calls! Zuster Abbott is going to Groningen, Zuster Parker is going to be training a new greenie (for her third time in a row!!) in Breda still and then Zuster Mangum and I will be companions staying in Breda. So that is awesome!!! Mangum was in the MTC with me and I love her. And I love Zuster Parker so I am super happy that I get to see her everyday! 








No comments:

Post a Comment