Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Breda - Week 13

This has been an absolutely exhausting week. Monday was our last day in Sliedrecht which was a lot sadder than expected. We had just started to actually find potentials and lessons and now we´re gone! Monday was really hectic with a ton of packing and cleaning and a last day spent in Dordrecht. I will miss Dordrecht! I also gave away from bike (Deathwish) to Elder Isaksen because although my bike sucks, his had no breaks. The Westenlockens gave us a ´going away party´ and Mirta gave us this cute basket with candies and notebooks which was really sweet of her! 

On tuesday we were completely and a hundred percent exhausted. We were driven out to Breda and spent a lot of the day setting up new desks and beds to set up the four-man apartment. And then we went out to find a new bike for me in Breda. Breda is GORGEOUS. It has a castle (which the military trains at) and a giant beautiful church and this cool prison thing (which is actually a refugee camp right now). But I also smashed my finger eally hard in our door and that was pretty painful. Later that evening we went out to go park contacting and I was so tired, but then we saw a really cool miracle. There´s this old convent next to the park and Zuster Parker and I took a selfie there. I was starting to put my camera away and we had started walking when this guy came up to us and asked if we´d like him to take the picture for us, and I was like ``alstublieft!`´ and so he took the picture and then he noticed my crappy American accent and started asking where we were from and we started telling him who we were and we started talking about religion and then the conversation was starting to end and he was starting to leave but then he was like `actually, can I give you my number? Are you busy or anything, or is it possible that I can come back here and talk about religion some more? What about on Thursday at 6:00?´ and we were like ´yes!!!´. It was amazing. He kept saying that he felt like it was meant to be for us to meet. It was amazing. 











No comments:

Post a Comment