Monday, May 22, 2017

Amsterdam - Week 46

Hey guys!! Zuster Thomas and I had a pretty fun week, there was a lot in general happening, like Konings Dag (Kings Day) where everyone dresses up in Orange and all of Amsterdam becomes a giant yard sale. We set up a booth with tons of Book of Mormons in a ton of languages and we handed them out for free and met a lot of drunk crazies.

Last P-Day, Zuster Thomas and I went to the Rijks Museum, where I got to see a ton of paintings that I've always wanted to see, like Rembrandt's Night Watch and some of Vermeer's work. There was also a giant old library that we were obsessed with. 

The highlight of my week though was Christina's baptism. I have been waiting for this day for my entire mission and it's finally happened, and it was amazing. Her baptism was in Rotterdam and I got to see a bunch of members from my baby city, Sliedrecht/Dordrecht. That was a weird experience, meeting a bunch of people from my greeny days when I couldn't say anything and now I can suddenly understand them all and actually have a conversation with them. I also got to see Joyce again, who was baptized last November, and she gave a talk in the baptismal service. It was so cool to see how much more she glows and how much she's progressed in the past seven months. Her husband was always listening in with all of the discussions, and he decided to pray on his own and find out if it was true, and got his answer and asked to be baptized as well! Joyce is SO excited, and then in a year their whole family will be sealed together. 

I loved seeing Christina again and talking with her. She is so special to me and has a really special place in my heart. She is adorable and wonderful and golden.

It's been a good week and the transfer is now over!! Zuster Thomas and I will be staying together another transfer, thank goodness!! I adore her. This next transfer is going to be a good one! I hope that we can do a lot for the ward. 

I love you guys!!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment