Monday, August 22, 2016

Sliedrecht - Week 11


I am not being transferred this week!! Thank goodness... I don't want to be separated from Zuster Parker yet! And I've also just finally gotten used to the ward and gotten to know some of the people here. I am hoping that I will be here for a total of three transfers at least.



Hmm... Some highlights from this week. We went over to Maria's house this week. She is an inactive who wants nothing to do with the church anymore but I think that she likes that we come over. We did some service for her, including washing her cute chihuaha and vacuuming her floors. She has a bad back and is in physical therapy so i think that we helped her a lot.


Overall this week was jam-packed with a lot of really fun unusual things. I kind of wish those fun things could have been spread out through several weeks but oh well!! On Wednesday we had zone training so we got to see the rest of the zone and President, and it was really fun. Afterwards we supported a member in our ward who had just opened a new restaurant in Rotterdam so that was cool. We also had a surprise dinner and lesson (the elders forgot to tell us it was happening) with Christina, who I absolutely adore.

On Friday I had another Brussels trip! It was kind of a surprise because the Office elders forgot to call me, and I ended up calling them because Zuster Fordiani mentioned it at Zone Training. That was pretty fun! I got a delicious Belgian waffle with banana ice cream, real strawberries, and chocolate sauce. Brussels is an absolutely gorgeous city! After the Brussels trip, we finally got to teach another lesson for Leo! We brought Zuster Mangum and Abbot, and Mangum had to achterlope on the back of Zuster Parker's bike even though her tire is super flat. That was pretty funny.













On Saturday, we got to go to the ward temple day. It counts as our P-Day though which isn't super fun but it was really awesome to see the Nederland temple.



Yesterday we found out that Elder Smith is being transferred to Eindhoven :( But the rest of Dorsely is staying. Yay! ​

No comments:

Post a Comment