Thursday, July 7, 2016

MTC Week 5 - Journal


Tuesday June 28th 

Today was fine. It was 100 degrees and we had a really good devotional. It was really hard to focus and everyone was dead tired and it was creeping out our teacher. We also heard some bad news about the Instanbul airport, about the bombing, which is super sad and also means that the Turks in our zone might not be able to go to Turkey. 

Wednesday June 29th 

Today a girl came into our classroom and was like "are you speaking Dutch? I am from Suriname!" and she spoke Dutch with us and it was super cool. Also, it POURED RAIN today and thundered super loud, it was the best moment of our life, we all ran around in the rain. 

Friday July 1st

We had  TRC today where we skyped actual people from the Netherlands. my companion and I got this guy from Belgium who had an extremely thick accent and it was really really hard to understand him, in fact we didn't understand him at all, we understood like ten words. He was a really cool guy though. 

We also saw Brother Klippel's little sister today!! She is so sweet and awesome! She came into the MTC recently and she's going to the Temple Square mission. 

We ALSO GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS TODAY! We have a DIRECT flight to Amsterdam!!! YES. I am so EXCITED. And the turks got their travel plans so they are still going! 

Saturday July 2nd

We had a 4th of July Celebration today and watched the fireworks and we didn't go to bed until 11:30 agh!

Oh yeah, two weeks ago or so during the Mission President conference thing we randomly had two missionaries going to Tokyo in our zone for some random reason so I talked to them for a little bit and one of them looked really familiar and talked really familiarly. But I figured that he just reminded me of someone. Then several days later I realized that I thought I knew who he might have been! I wondered if he was Britian Tree, and then today I found him again at the Devotional and it was actually Britian Tree!! so that was cool! I was like "hey remember me from the Sno Falls ward???" and he was like "oh yeah!" So that was kind of cool and kind of funny that I was talking to someone I knew without realizing who it was. 



No comments:

Post a Comment