Sunday, July 16, 2017

Amsterdam - Week 52

Hey everyone!! Another week has gone by! We've been melting to death out here. There were several days of building heat and then last Thursday it all built up into this humidity which resulted in a gigantic lightning storm while we were at a less actives house. We barely missed it on our bikes, it began the moment we walked inside. Miracles! Although I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't have minded biking through a lightning storm... I love lightning. 

We weren't able to meet with any of our investigators for the majority of the week, which was pretty frustrating, but we had some other really good moments, such as: 

- We helped two women in the ward visit teach their less active who is bed ridden. We came by and the look on the less active's face when she saw them was really special. She was so happy. 

- Last monday we went to the maritime museum. 


- Zuster Gilbert and I ran to catch a water bus and on the way, Zuster Gilbert's ballet flats caught the ground and she fell over and scraped her knees really badly and there was a lot of blood. Luckily I had a big band-aid in my purse because a small one wouldn't have been enough. 

- I felt prompted to bring something by two investigators we used to have, even though they haven't been wanting any visitors because of the court case they're in the middle of for custody over her kid, but I stopped by to just drop by some flowers and a letter I had written for the mother. She ended up letting us up and venting to us for an hour. I nearly cried when I saw her. She is so exhausted. 

- We had a dinner appointment with Roos, who lives in this really beautiful little greenhouse. 

- We have now collected nearly ten plants.... Our house looks really cute now. 

- We had stake conference on Sunday and a huge portion of the ward took a bus out to it. Ward unity! And I got to see many of my loved people from Den Haag, and also Daniella gave a talk in Stake Conference. I was so proud of her! 





No comments:

Post a Comment