Friday, November 11, 2016

Breda - Week 25


Breda - Week 25
This past Tuesday I hit my 5 months in the mission mark! WOOHOO! Zuster Mangum is from my MTC group too so we both went an celebrated with a fancy pancake. She got a pumkpin chocolate cupcake and I got a banana chocolate cupcake. Het was echt lekker. We were supposed to have a lesson that day but when we showed up to Maria´s house, she wasn´t home, so we were pretty disappointed. We were going to leave the area but then I figured last second that we might as well knock on our less active´s house. We have been leaving her cookies and trying our best to meet with her but she´s never home and always cancels our appointments. But this time when we knocked on her door, she was actually home and made an appointment with us for the next day, and when we showed up the next day she was actually home and hadn´t cancelled. We were so happy! Small miracles are real! 



On Thursday we went and helped Zuster Parker and Neale with their portion of Breda and then during a break went and found Vincent Van Gogh´s grandfather´s grave. Vincent Van Gogh grew up in Breda and his grandfather was actually a preacher at the Grote Kerk. There were lots of old and gigantic graves. 



On Friday we had a dinner appointment! YAY! 



Sunday was an amazing day. I understood nearly everything in church, there were some amazing testimonies from some people in our ward (including a guy who is self investigating the church), and then afterwards we had ward correlation at Rocky´s house and his family made us all hamburgers. It was amazing. After that Zuster Mangum and I went to Linda´s house and made some more Christmas things with her. Linda and her husband made us dinner and we gave them a geestelijke toentje (spirtual treat) about finding miracles in our lives through looking everyday for the miracles that happen to us and writing them down. They were really excited, even her nonmember husband. He shared a story with us about how he had been in the hospital because of Leukemia for a really long time and he had done that with Linda and that had helped him through it a lot, and he found it interesting how we can easily forget to do that when life isn´t as hard and we aren´t praying as desperately for help. That was really awesome to see them both get really excited about it. And then later we saw a shooting star! A really big one. Small miracles. :D 



Today for P-Day we went to this really big World War II museum in Overloon, which I thought was super interesting cool. :D It was amazing.






 






This week is going to pretty exciting. This Saturday we get transfer calls... I´m terrified!! I can´t believe a whole entire transfer has already flown by. I feel like I literally just began this transfer. Also, in one year this will technically be my last transfer. So I technically have about one year from now left! 



It might also snow this week. Thank goodness I got a free giant waterproof jacket from the Murtons. I don´t really want it to snow... it has been SO cold lately. 



We are also going to temple this Wednesday. I´m pretty excited. Joyce from Dordrecht ward is also getting baptized this next Saturday! I am so excited and so Zuster Parker and I are going to go to her baptism. Elder Isaksen also told us that Christina is praying for a baptismal date too, which I makes me SOOO HAPPY. I will travel literally from Groningen to go to her baptism. I love Christina so much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment