Tuesday, June 28, 2016

MTC Week 4 - Journal


Juni 21, 2016

Today was pretty good! I learned tons of Nederlands and I also made a pretty funny mistake... And slightly creepy mistake. We were learning how to say that we are currently doing something, and I said "ik ben  an het van water vlees drenken" (or something like that) and I was trying to say "I am drinking from the water flask" but instead I accidentally said "I am drinking from the flesh" which was pretty funny. Today we also taught Micheal again and it was hard to figure out if we did well or not. Afterwards our teacher said that we were good teachers though and that michael is just inexpressive. Also, today was SO hot. It was 100 degrees!! we also had a really good devotional about missionary work and how to know if you've been successful, regardless of the amount of baptisms. The wife also gave a really good devotional about the symbolism behind Jesus's parable of the vineyard and that was so good. 

Also, the biggest highlight of the day was that I got my PACKAGE. Dad sent me LOADS of stuff that I love, like dark chocolate and dried fruit and pistachios, and I got pictures of my family which is really the best. :) and Katelyn and Cameron's letters were super precious. 

Juni 22, 2016 (Wednesday)

Today Elder Ruegger walked in with 16 Dear elder letters in the morning. 16 of them. 15 of them were for zuster Leman and one of them was for me, but overwell it was HILARIOUS. Like what?? Brother Klippel was like "is that a novel?" It turns out that they were all song lyrics, haha. We also hosted today again and there weren't enough boy hosts and too many girl hosts so I stood around for literally two or three hours and only hosted two girls. 

Juni 23 Thursday

Today we learned about time... and it sucks. It's like fractions. Zuster De Moors said the funniest thing today about it too. She said "What time is it?" "Oh, just give me five minutes to find out". They also write in military time but when they say what time it is they use our time system. It's super confusing. 

Today we had two Australian mission presidents come in and talk to us and they were super cool! i really loved it. Also, apparently Elder Oaks was in one of the German classrooms!! But we did not see him. Lucky Germans. They are across the hall from us and we have this slight feud with them, haha. 

Friday Juni 24, 2016 

This morning we taught Michael and it was horrible. We taught the plan of salvation and we had taught it to Sam before so we didn't prepare as much about who was going to talk about what and it just went super poorly. It was really awkward and scattered and random. Right after we taught Sam and we tried to learn from our mistakes and that lesson actually went super good. 

We didn't see any apostles today :( 

We also had TRC today... that was interesting... I asked the girl to read 2 Nephi 32: 1-5... I found the scripture and handed it to her in the Nederlands BvM. I was reading along in Engles and it was taking longer than I had expected. Then when she finished she was like "Five also?" (in Nederlands) and i was like "yeah!" but it was WAY longer than expected again and then I started hearing words like "priesterschap" and "synogogue" and i was like "what... this doesn't sound like the Holy Ghost?" because that's what the scripture was supposed to be about but I figured that maybe it was just a longer translation in dutch or something. So I was like "Wat betankent dat voor u?" (what does this mean to you?) and she starts talking for a while and I'm like not understanding anything... and I'm like in my head 'this isn't right' so I reach forward to look at the scripture and I see that I had given her ALMA 32 and that she had read this extra long five verses for NOTHING. i was SO embarrassed!! it was actually about people humbling themselves and not praying in synagogues or something like that and I was like 'AGH!" But funny thing was that I had accidentally marked it in the dutch book of mormon so later, I picked another scripture for her to read about the Holy Ghost... and accidentally made her read Alma 32:5... again... it was SO embarrassing!!! Zuster Leman was like "Um no more scriptures" hahaha. 

Also, today the Albi's got their travel plans today!!! And we are going to get ours next week!! CRAZY. Luckily the Albi's don't leave until the 4th. 

Saturday Juni 25, 2016

I accidentally wore basketball shorts under my skirt without realizing it for like half of today. It was odd. We have still seen no apostles today :/ 

Sunday Juni 26, 2016

Today... was really weird. We had church and during our study time one of our branch leaders (brother Packer) came in and told us this story about how he almost died, and how he went to the emergency room and they were trying to find his veins to give him more blood but they were too narrow and then they tried his neck three times and then the doctor gave up but then he felt prompted by the spirit to try one more time and it saved his life. It was an absolutely incredible story... except that I started to feel super woozy at the beginning of it. Then I started sweating super bad, and my vision started to blur, and then at around halfway through my ears started RINGING, like ringing and I knew that I was going to pass out if i didn't do something about it. Usually I would lay down like the nurses have told me before but clearly I couldn't do that! I didn't want to be rude! But I was feeling super uncomfortable and so I just leaned forward and rested my head on my desk and I felt really bad because I didn't want him to think I was ignoring him or bored but I knew that I was going to pass out if I didn't, especially because of the strange ringing. When I laid my head down I started feeling slightly better and the ringing was started to fade but my vision was still blurring and at that point he finished his story (I'm not sure what the second half was about) and he was like "are you okay Zuster Haynie?" and I lifted up my head and i was like 'i'm sorry i get really woozy easily" and then Zuster De Moors said "You look really really pale..." and he was like "lay down or lay your head down" and I was like "i've been trying" but I put my head all the way down to my lap and it made me feel a lot better although for me laying down on my back is usually best and helps me recover faster. Elder Ruegger said "this is worse than when you got your blood drawn" Fortunately I did not pass out but I came super super close and I was exhausted for the rest of the day. 

We got to eat lunch today on BYU campus which is pretty unusual but also fun because it was a change. Also, the steak they served me was literally bleeding. I don't think I will ever eat steak again. 

Later that day our branch leader came in and apologized to me and it was really nice of him but I really hope that he doesn't feel bad about telling us the story. It's truly an amazing story but I just can't handle it. 



This week has been super good!! I can't believe that there is only two more weeks left here!! So crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment